Submission Guidelines and Information:
- Social work students who are currently attending CUSSW and those students who graduated in Spring 2014 are eligible to submit papers as solo authors or in partnership with other students and professionals.
- Submissions should be well written and succinct, with a strong point of view and clear thesis.
- No specific thematic requirements; however the piece should be thought-provoking, innovative, and it should be written from the Social Work perspective and have the potential to contribute to a larger discussion.
- Articles must be no longer than 3,000 words and consistent with APA style.
- Plagiarism in any form is unacceptable and will be referred to the CUSSW Ethics Board.
- The Review uses a blind review process facilitated through a third party.
- Research with human subjects should include approval from Columbia’s Institutional Review Board.
- All accepted articles are subject to editorial revisions by the student board.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. ATTACH your article (Word Docs are best, but other text formats are accepted) without any identifying information; in other words, delete your name from the word document and any other personal information from the cover page. In the BODY of the e-mail, please include the following:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Graduation year (e.g, 2015)
- Method (e.g., Advanced Clinical Practice, Policy Pratice, etc.)
- Field of Practice (e.g., Health/Mental Health/Disabilities, Contemporary Social Issues, etc.)
- Dual Degree/Minor/other specialization (e.g., Law minor, dual degree MPH, etc.)
- Field placement
- How you found out about the Columbia Social Work Review
The deadline for submission is January 3, 2015 at 11:59pm